Students, community members
This workshop is a 1-day workshop for students/communities that are interested in learning about health research ethics in general, and specifically how ethics are discussed in Inuktitut and in Inuit communities.
At the end of the 1-day workshop participants have:
- A basic understanding of health research ethics globally.
- An introduction to health research ethics policies in Canada
- An increased understanding of 5 ethics case studies from Nunavut, Canada, and the US
- Storytelling and discussion opportunities
- An increased familiarity with print and digital resources that are currently available and can be used to enhance community-based research.
Costs can vary – we usually try to leverage other funding to ensure the workshop is at no cost to the community, unless the community already has the funds.