Qaujigiartiit Health Research Centre in Iqaluit, NU is looking for a motivated, energetic individual to fill a vacant position as Climate Change Community Research Coordinator.
The successful applicant will be working with our dynamic and creative team in Iqaluit to work collaboratively with Nunavut communities and a regional technical committee to support community-led climate change adaptation and mitigation projects in Nunavut. The position is located in Iqaluit and requires the ability to travel within Nunavut and Canada.
The successful applicant will have:
- A passion for working with Nunavut communities and a deep understanding of community contexts in Nunavut;
- A degree in any field (equivalencies and relevant experience will be considered);
- Experience with project management & coordination, proposal development, and research;
- Basic knowledge about climate change in Nunavut.
- Working knowledge of computers and software is required, especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills. Must be able to read articles and reports and synthesize data. Must have excellent writing skills in English.
- Planning and organizational skills are required
- Must excel in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment.
- Data entry and analysis skills are required
- Inuktitut language skills are an asset.
- Must have lived in Nunavut for a minimum of 3 years.
- Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries and long-term Nunavummiut.
A criminal record check will be necessary. Applicants, please send a current resume and a 1-page cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: 5pm, Monday, November 6, 2017.
For serious inquiries or copies of the full job description, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.