Community Health Research Associate – 6 Month Term
Qaujigiartiit Health Research Centre in Iqaluit, NU is looking for a motivated, energetic individual to fill a six (6) month term position.
The successful applicant will be working with our dynamic and creative team in Iqaluit to work collaboratively to coordinate sessions and implement research related to:
- Inunnguiniq Parenting/Childrearing Program and training courses
- Timiga Ikumajuq (arts-based in-school sexual health workshops)
- other community health projects and training courses that arise from our communities
The position is located in Iqaluit and requires the ability to travel within Nunavut and Canada.
The successful applicant will have:
- A passion for working with Nunavut communities and a deep understanding of community contexts in Nunavut;
- A degree in any field (equivalencies and relevant experience will be considered);
- Experience with project management & coordination, proposal development, and research;
- Basic knowledge about community health or public health in Nunavut;
- Working knowledge of computers and software is required, especially MS Word and MS Excel;
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills; Must be able to read articles and reports and synthesize data;
- Must have excellent writing skills in English; Planning and organizational skills are required;
- Must excel in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment;
- Data entry and analysis skills are required; Inuktitut language skills are an asset;
- Must have lived in Nunavut for a minimum of 3 years; and
- Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiaries and long-term Nunavummiut.
A criminal record check will be necessary to work with youth.
Applicants, please send a current resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to Gwen Healey Akearok at Gwen.HealeyAkearok@qhrc.ca